Department / Division
Radiology / Vasc/Intervention Radiology
Duke University Hospital
Room 1502 (MS3808)
Durham, NC 27710
Comprehensive treatment of liver disease; tumor therapy, including drug-eluting bead embolization, theraspheres, and sirspheres; biliary interventions, including evaluation, drainage and stenting of the biliary system; liver transplant interventions; cirrhosis; evaluation and treatment of portal hypertension, including transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts, transjugular liver biopsy, variceal embolization
My current interests in research include:
1. Improved anesthesia for liver intervention.
2. Thrombectomy device for dialysis fistulae and veins.
3. Improving diagnostic yield for difficult biliary duct biopsies.
4. Improving methods of small bowel and colonic arterial embolization.
5. Percutaneous intervention for pancreatic duct.
6. Prolonging the patency of transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts.
7. Prolonging the patency of biliary stents.
This faculty member has no reported relationships with industry.