The purpose of this study is to explore how the brain responds to pictures of places where smokers smoke, as compared to places where they do not smoke. In addition, the study will examine how smoking and non-smoking places affect smoker’s craving for cigarettes and smoking behavior. Knowing this information will help us learn about addiction to cigarettes and also develop better treatments to help smokers quit smoking.
• Age 18 to 55
• Cigarette smoker
Study Requirements: 6 visits total
• One screening session, no physical exam
• One functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) & camera training session
• One Camera return session
• One fMRI scanning session
• Two picture viewing sessions
Compensation is available
For more information, call 919-684-9593 or visit TriangleSmokingStudies.com.